Following the 10,000 vacancy approval by the President Buhari-led Federal Government, the Nigerian Police Force recently began its nationwide recruitment exercise as the online registration ended few days ago.
According to reports, the police authority has fixed a date for examination and screening exercise for the shortlisted applicants from the over 800,000 that applied.
The exercise is reportedly scheduled for June 6th and will hold at the same time in the whole federation to avoid political and undue interference and is planned to be transparent and the best so far. Be informed that only successful candidates will be contacted at the end of the Exercise.
Below are 8 Important Things You Need to Know..
1. Check your Mailbox regularly: Gmail or whatever, a mail will only be sent to prospective candidates from Police Service Commission
2. Check your phone regularly: Text message will be sent to only successful candidates.
3. A computerized selection is done by the Police Service Commission and weeded away those with suspicious age declarations, incomplete school record that did not tally with original date of birth, those who submitted incomplete data during logging in.
4. Computerized selected and contacted candidates will be notified on a specific date for screening at the state commands level, Only those invited for a day meant for categories will be considered..to avoid roundness.
5. All contacted candidates should prepare to face a screening panel comprising Representatives of federal character commission, Police service commission, Senior officers from Abuja, Media, Police commissioner, other senior officers and Command PPRO.
6. Candidates should not appear with Luggage as There will be Dog sniffers, Bomb experts in the venue.
7. Candidates will undergo aptitude tests and physical check ups, eyesight, deformities, protruded bellies, height and chest measurement, etc.
8. ASP and Inspectorate cadres will terminate their screening at Force Headquarters while the Specialists will be tested based on their skills at the Zonal level.