Skip to main content

Chelsea legend John Terry emotionally reveals he'll leave Chelsea at season's end


The 35yr old captain who has played for Chelsea all his life as a professional footballer has revealed that the club has refused to offer him a new deal and that he will be leaving at the end of the season.

John Terry in a press statement revealed that though he will be leaving Chelsea, he will move to a foreign League as he wouldn't want to face his beloved club. He also vowed he'll try to bow out on a high with FA Cup success. Read his press statement after the cut...


"To be honest, I was in last week before the Arsenal game and it’s not going to be extended. It’s my last run in the FA Cup so I want to make it a good one," he said after the 5-1 FA Cup victory over MK Dons.

"It’s a big season for me and I want to push on - not just in this competition but in the Premier League as well. I knew before the Arsenal game so mentally I’ve kind of accepted it. We just have to move on.

"They said that when the new manager comes in, things might change. It’s a no at the minute. I needed to know now like I have done every January and sometimes it takes a couple of months to get done.

"Unfortunately it was a no. It’s not going to be a fairytale ending, I’m not going to retire at Chelsea. It’s going to be elsewhere, which it took me a couple of days to get over.

"But like I say, I knew before the Arsenal game and my performance isn’t going to change - the way I train, what I give for the club. I want to give everything and finish on a high, on 100 per cent good terms with the club.

"We spoke about my legacy and coming back to the club when I finish. The most important thing now is to get us up the league.

"I didn’t feel as though I was playing great in the first four or five games of the season, like everyone in the team, and the performances showed that. But since then myself and everyone else has picked up back to where we are. All I can do is keep my head down and plug on because it’ll be my last year at the club.

"The club will move on. No player is ever bigger than the club. Ideally I would have loved to stay, but the club’s moving in a different direction. No doubt they’ll sign one or two great centre-backs.

"I want to come back as a Chelsea supporter in years to come with my kids and see the team doing great. Unfortunately that’s not going to be with me, but I want to see the team do well. It’s going to be my last year and I want to go out at the top.

"I couldn’t play for another Premier League club, I couldn’t do that to the Chelsea fans. It will be elsewhere for sure. I don’t know where and I leave that to the people in charge. It certainly won’t be in the Premier League.

"My agent made the call like we do every January. He got told over the phone and I called to set up a meeting the following day. The club immediately set that up, which was great of them to do that. I wanted to hear it face to face. They told me.

"I feel as though I’m in great nick, I’m playing great and I’ve got a couple of years to go. It’ll just be elsewhere."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Toyin Aimakhu Shed Crocodile Tears For Suicidal Instagram Comedian, Ereme Abraham ?

Nigerian Instagram comedian, Ereme, this afternoon, revealed that he's facing a hard time and he is considering suicide. Apparently he'd spoken to actress Toyin Aimakhu about this before. She shared two videos on her Instagram wall, tearfully making a passionate plea for him not to commit suicide. Quote "If you can see this..please I beg you..I spoke to you few days ago..don't do this. I know its not easy. A lot of people don't even know what we go through to make them happy but please Ereme you are so talented...please don't do this"she said The comedian is thankfully OK now, he didnt commit suicide (Nigerians dont!), his friend went to his house to rescue him -see his update below:

Woman Commits Suicide For Not Finding A Husband While All her Friends Are Getting Married

A bridesmaid struggling to get over a break-up while all her best friends were getting married died when a 'cry for help' attempt to take her own life accidentally succeeded, a coroner ruled. Business development manager Danielle Saul, 31, was found hanged in her Manchester apartment following a night out with friends in June last year. Friends and family knew at the time that she was desperate to follow all those closest to her by settling down to marry. However, she was single and said to have been finding it difficult to move on from a previous relationship that ended five years earlier. After meeting her ex on the night in question, she invited him and his friends back to her flat in Fallowfield to continue drinking. But when they failed to reconcile and he left the following morning, Ms Saul took her own life. Her body was found hanged in the flat three days later by a friend who had become concerned after not hearing from her. An inquest, however, concluded that ...

Majid Michel Denies Sleeping With Any Actress

Ghanaian actor,  Majid Michel , has always been associated as the ladies man because of the roles he plays in most movies, but the actor who is happily married for the past 11 years to his wife, Virna, is not the bad type of husband. The actor, whom in some quarters has been perceived to be a womanizer, has denied sleeping with any actress in movies or ever engaged in extra marital affairs. Majid, who has accrued lots of respect for himself stressed that he doesn’t engage himself in those stuffs because he respects the vow he made to his wife. “Ladies don’t admire me, they admire the characters I play. If you think it’s you they want, then you are making a mistake.”  He continued: “No producer calls me for movie role because of Majid, they call me because of my gift as an actor, so it’s not really your personality they like, and until you understand this, you will be fooled, and then get trapped,” he disclosed