Skip to main content

Unilag student attends Ben Murray Bruce birthday Party and gets the shocker of his life (PHOTOS)


unilag-0

A Unilag student who was among the group of Mass Communication students invited to Senator Ben Bruce’s 60th Birthday Celebration narrates his ordeal at the star-studded party

Senator Ben Murray Bruce turned 60 yesterday, he took the opportunity to launch his book “The Common Sense Revolution” but it’s sad to see that the event in its totality portrays the average Nigerian Politician.

Usually, I hate to attend these so called “Big” events but it was Ben Bruce, the common sense guy, I jumped at the Opportunity to go with my department, department of Mass Communication, University of Lagos as we were invited with a letter and we were feeling all important.

unilag-01

We didn’t know it was an invitation to humiliation. At the venue, we were told to go upstairs, we didn’t mind, as they said that area was reserved for students. Getting there, I realized it was a perfect view to watch the “Elites” wine and dine. Still, we didn’t care.

We only began to care when the ceremony kept going on and all tables kept getting additional contents and we were just there, like Observers. Don’t forget that we were invited, as I said earlier. While all of that kept happening, I still didn’t care because they said every guest will get a free copy of the book.

unilag-02

I wanted the book so, I waited on. At the end, only the guests got the Book. I had to look at our invitation to be sure we were guests. Yes, we were guests but the stiff class stratification that Senator Bruce Criticizes came to play. It’s so sad to see that the actions of the Common Sense Guy justifies the “Common Sense is not so common” statement.

Since I know it’s all fake, I’d like to give a professional PR advice. It’s so bad, if you invite Nigerian Students, who will, to a large extent, determine your political success, to an event only for them to watch you and your rich friends dine. Their votes aren’t even enough.

Writing a book about Common Sense doesn’t actually make you have Common Sense. We aren’t hungry people. We are Unilag Students and we are contented with what we have, we wouldn’t go to shop 10 to sweet-talk anyone about common sense, just to get rice.

Happy Birthday, Senator Ben! Thanks for the deceit, segregation and above all, thanks so much for the Palm oil made Jollof Rice with a meat-like object.

I am Abidemi Adesokan, A concerned Nigerian Student who believes there is hope for Nigeria, but Bruce isn’t just that guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Toyin Aimakhu Shed Crocodile Tears For Suicidal Instagram Comedian, Ereme Abraham ?

Nigerian Instagram comedian, Ereme, this afternoon, revealed that he's facing a hard time and he is considering suicide. Apparently he'd spoken to actress Toyin Aimakhu about this before. She shared two videos on her Instagram wall, tearfully making a passionate plea for him not to commit suicide. Quote "If you can see this..please I beg you..I spoke to you few days ago..don't do this. I know its not easy. A lot of people don't even know what we go through to make them happy but please Ereme you are so talented...please don't do this"she said The comedian is thankfully OK now, he didnt commit suicide (Nigerians dont!), his friend went to his house to rescue him -see his update below:

Woman Commits Suicide For Not Finding A Husband While All her Friends Are Getting Married

A bridesmaid struggling to get over a break-up while all her best friends were getting married died when a 'cry for help' attempt to take her own life accidentally succeeded, a coroner ruled. Business development manager Danielle Saul, 31, was found hanged in her Manchester apartment following a night out with friends in June last year. Friends and family knew at the time that she was desperate to follow all those closest to her by settling down to marry. However, she was single and said to have been finding it difficult to move on from a previous relationship that ended five years earlier. After meeting her ex on the night in question, she invited him and his friends back to her flat in Fallowfield to continue drinking. But when they failed to reconcile and he left the following morning, Ms Saul took her own life. Her body was found hanged in the flat three days later by a friend who had become concerned after not hearing from her. An inquest, however, concluded that ...

Majid Michel Denies Sleeping With Any Actress

Ghanaian actor,  Majid Michel , has always been associated as the ladies man because of the roles he plays in most movies, but the actor who is happily married for the past 11 years to his wife, Virna, is not the bad type of husband. The actor, whom in some quarters has been perceived to be a womanizer, has denied sleeping with any actress in movies or ever engaged in extra marital affairs. Majid, who has accrued lots of respect for himself stressed that he doesn’t engage himself in those stuffs because he respects the vow he made to his wife. “Ladies don’t admire me, they admire the characters I play. If you think it’s you they want, then you are making a mistake.”  He continued: “No producer calls me for movie role because of Majid, they call me because of my gift as an actor, so it’s not really your personality they like, and until you understand this, you will be fooled, and then get trapped,” he disclosed