Skip to main content

Woman claims she was sacked after she took three days off after a break up


A 24 year old single mum Katy Payne says she was sacked from her new job at DHL haulage depot in Ruddington, Notts for taking just three days off - because she broke up with her boyfriend. She said she was sacked for "unauthorised absences".
She, said:

"The odd time when my three-year-old has been ill I have had a day off but never anything more. "On the Monday I told my manager I needed to take a bit of time off because I had to sort my flat out as I broke up with my boyfriend and she seemed fine with it."
"Then when I got back in on the Thursday I was handed this letter and told to clear my desk with no other explanation than that," Katy said. "I was so upset because I have been trying to build a life for me and my child. I had worked hard for my promotion and was looking forward to a new challenge.
"I just did not see this coming because, I haven't even been given a chance to even start. "I feel so disappointed that it has come to this."
Since she lost her job, she has now had to moved back in with her mum with her son, Frankie.
She added:
"I'm applying for all sorts of jobs as I don't want to take Frankie out of childcare . I'm a hard worker and want to get back earning money. 
"My ex-boyfriend has been hassling me so I needed those days to sort out my tenancy agreement, sell furniture and sort childcare.
"I wasn't just sitting around doing nothing. It was stuff I couldn't do during work hours.
"I'm meeting with my union on March 4 as I have appealed the decision.
"I can't see how they can offer me a promotion two weeks ago and now there's no job for me at all."
Her mum Jayne Payne, 44, who has been trying to help get her job back, said:
"She is absolutely devastated because she enjoyed her job and was really working hard. "She is now just frightened for the future and was not expecting this.
"What they have done is really unfair because everyone has family problems and I have even called them myself to try and find out what has happened."
A spokesman for DHL said:
"While we cannot comment on individual cases, we can confirm that DHL is an equal opportunities employer."


Source: Mirror UK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Toyin Aimakhu Shed Crocodile Tears For Suicidal Instagram Comedian, Ereme Abraham ?

Nigerian Instagram comedian, Ereme, this afternoon, revealed that he's facing a hard time and he is considering suicide. Apparently he'd spoken to actress Toyin Aimakhu about this before. She shared two videos on her Instagram wall, tearfully making a passionate plea for him not to commit suicide. Quote "If you can see this..please I beg you..I spoke to you few days ago..don't do this. I know its not easy. A lot of people don't even know what we go through to make them happy but please Ereme you are so talented...please don't do this"she said The comedian is thankfully OK now, he didnt commit suicide (Nigerians dont!), his friend went to his house to rescue him -see his update below:

Woman Commits Suicide For Not Finding A Husband While All her Friends Are Getting Married

A bridesmaid struggling to get over a break-up while all her best friends were getting married died when a 'cry for help' attempt to take her own life accidentally succeeded, a coroner ruled. Business development manager Danielle Saul, 31, was found hanged in her Manchester apartment following a night out with friends in June last year. Friends and family knew at the time that she was desperate to follow all those closest to her by settling down to marry. However, she was single and said to have been finding it difficult to move on from a previous relationship that ended five years earlier. After meeting her ex on the night in question, she invited him and his friends back to her flat in Fallowfield to continue drinking. But when they failed to reconcile and he left the following morning, Ms Saul took her own life. Her body was found hanged in the flat three days later by a friend who had become concerned after not hearing from her. An inquest, however, concluded that ...

Majid Michel Denies Sleeping With Any Actress

Ghanaian actor,  Majid Michel , has always been associated as the ladies man because of the roles he plays in most movies, but the actor who is happily married for the past 11 years to his wife, Virna, is not the bad type of husband. The actor, whom in some quarters has been perceived to be a womanizer, has denied sleeping with any actress in movies or ever engaged in extra marital affairs. Majid, who has accrued lots of respect for himself stressed that he doesn’t engage himself in those stuffs because he respects the vow he made to his wife. “Ladies don’t admire me, they admire the characters I play. If you think it’s you they want, then you are making a mistake.”  He continued: “No producer calls me for movie role because of Majid, they call me because of my gift as an actor, so it’s not really your personality they like, and until you understand this, you will be fooled, and then get trapped,” he disclosed