Skip to main content

Funke Akindele Finally Reacts to ‘Marriage Reports’ with JJC


Funke Akindele and JJC

Funke Akindele and JJC

Few weeks ago, we brought you reports on how singer, JJC Skillz popped a marriage proposal question to comic award winning actress, Funke Akindele.

In a recent interview with The Punch Newspaper, the actress popularly known as known as Jenifa reacted to the engagement news.

Excerpts:

News made the rounds some weeks back that you were planning to remarry. Would the wedding bells ring again soon?

I really don’t like discussing my private life anymore because it is better to keep that part of your life secret. A lot of people are watching and sometimes you read a lot of negative comments about you which could make you want to derail, so it is better to keep matters of the heart close to the heart. I am the one in it and I know what is good for me. I am sorry; I don’t want to talk about anything that has to do with my private life.

She also spoke about her relationship with her fans:

Some people believe that you are arrogant and proud. Are you that kind of person?

I am not arrogant but sometimes I might not be in the mood for some things. A publisher of a magazine called me recently and told me that his people said they saw me at AMVCA and that I refused to grant them an interview. I explained to him that when I asked the reporter what the interview was about, she said it was about me. I didn’t want to answer some (personal) questions, so that was why I said that I was not answering any question that did not have to do with the event. I am not an arrogant person. I am very approachable and polite. I can be cranky sometimes but trust me; I would always fake a smile.

What ticks you off?

Some fans would look at me and say, ‘can’t you greet?’ and most times, I am older than such people. They would not say ‘hi’ to me but they expect that I should always wear a smile and wave at everybody. When I see elderly people, I always greet them first; that is the way I am raised.

I remember when I was in Atlanta and we were on our way to Jamaica with AY. We were in the Tube going to another side of the airport when I saw a Nigerian woman standing. I stood up and offered her my seat and she was shocked that I could do such a thing, especially as we were in the US. I appreciate my fans and there is never a dull moment when we are together. I smile and greet all my fans, but I may not take pictures all the time, especially when I’m not wearing make-up, when I’m tying a scarf or when I’m without my sunglasses. I don’t take such pictures because when they get posted online, some people would start adding their silly comments.

How do you react to such comments?

Sometimes, I check some comments on my Instagram page, greet some fans and reply others. I appreciate some people and follow them back and this makes them feel loved. You can imagine if Beyonce answers me on Instagram, I am not going to sleep that day.

Someone was complaining about how a Nigerian celebrity was wearing a wide smile on her face when she took a picture with Ciara. I said that if I had the opportunity to meet Ciara, I would be smiling like a little girl. The way Ciara took pictures with little children made me cry at home as I watched it. I called Darey and I began praying for him because he brought a beautiful soul to Nigeria. That little gesture from Ciara would change lives and I have learnt from it. Everything is not about money. You could go to some rural areas just to put a smile on the faces of these kids.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nollywood Actor, Yemi Solade Compares Cynthia Morgan to a Cow

Yoruba Actor,  Yemi Solade  yesterday took to his instagram shade to throw a heavy subtle shade at Dancehall artiste –  Cynthia Morgan . He posted a side by side picture of Cynthia Morgan with a Cow and captioned it  “COWsquare” . He was referring to the fact that Cynthia’s had a nose ring on in the picture…same as the cow. His reasons and intentions for pulling this is unknown, but Yemi claims he never knew Cynthia Morgan was an Entertainer. He has since deleted the post from instagram and has refused to apologize…instead he is battling a blog on instagram who first reported the story. Fans are saying he should just apologize and move on.

Spiritual Uses Of Garlic That Will Leave You Totally Shocked!

7 Facts About Garlic That Will Shock You! Surely, the saying which says “Let food be thy medicine”, knew beforehand the unknown great benefits of garlic, a specie in the onion genus, Allium. Aside being a taste enhancer for recipes, garlic, which has been around for quite a while is of unbelievable benefits. While some countries believe garlic can be used to ward off vampires and evil spirits, it has been classified among the world healthiest food. With a history of human use of over 7,000 years, garlic is native to central Asia, and has long been a staple in the Mediterranean region, as well as a frequent seasoning in Asia, Africa, and Europe. It was known to Ancient Egyptians, and has been used for both culinary and medicinal purposes. In fact this wonder food has more uses than you can think of, and some really interesting ones. 1 . Garlic has been used over the years to make evil spirits and vampires run away. It is said to be the flag-

Hahaha! Read Hilarious Open Letter To Coca-Cola By An Angry Consumer

Hahaha, Mehn! Some people dey para oh!!! The ongoing Coca-Cola “Share A Coke” campaign has really gotten loads of consumers worked up as they are yet to find their names on a Coca-Cola bottle. Consumers including @dj_staffy who wrote an open letter to them on their Instagram page. It’s hilarious! The dude is really pained. LOL Read below: AN OPEN LETTER TO COCA COLA ! The MD/CEO Coca Cola Nigeria and Worldwide Sir/Madam Let me start by saying a ‘Big kudos’ to your company for a fantastic idea, “Share A Coke”. It’s indeed an awesome innovation! But then let me quickly bring to your notice that following the wonderful strategy of share a coke, collect a coke or buy a coke, whatever name you call it. Where someone’s name is written on the (plastic) Coke bottle or Can. I have noticed with total dismay that ‘Nobody Has Shared or Bought any form or shape of Coke for me’! And this is because, according to my little research, your company hasn’t deemed it fit to include my name, Avalon,