Skip to main content

I Buy Gifts For Orphanages, Donate To Church After Robbery – Suspect


A member of a notorious gang operating across the south-south and south-east of the country, Gogo Daniel Ume (aka Full Payment), has told the police about how he usually donated food items and gifts to his church after every successful operation.

Ume is one of the three suspects nabbed by the Inspector-General of Police Special Intelligence Response Team in Rivers and Bayelsa states, following weeks of efforts to track down the criminals.

When the suspects were apprehended, they were found with three AK47 rifles, one automatic rifle, 12 magazines, 310 rounds of live ammunitions and dynamite.

Soon after their arrest, the suspects, Ume, Ikadoi Michael Isere (aka White Witch) and Ifeanyi Kalu admitted to a crime spree that included numerous kidnappings and bank heists in the last three years.

According to the IRT, while being interrogated, the suspects admitted that they carried out the two bullion van robberies which took place between 2014 and 2015 at a Diamond Bank branch at Trans Amadi, Port Harcourt, where they stole N360m.

The suspects also admitted to carrying out the 2014 bullion van robbery at Igrita Roundabout, Airport Road, Port-Harcourt; robbery of a UBA branch on Azikiwe Road in Port-Harcourt in the same year and a 2015 bullion van robbery at another branch of the bank at the Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Port-Harcourt, where they made away with N80m and killed a student in the process.

The suspects told the police that their gang was responsible for a robbery attack on a Fidelity Bank branch at GRA, Port-Harcourt. In all these operations, several policemen were said to have been gunned down.

According to the statement made to the police during a foiled kidnapping attempt by the gang few months ago, they set ablaze a police patrol van along Psychiatric Hospital Road, Rumuigbo, Port-Harcourt.

But those were said to have taken place in Rivers State alone.

“I graduated from the Rivers State polytechnic in 2013, and that same year I was sent to prison where I enrolled for studies at the National Open University.

“My journey into crime started in 2012, when I joined the Vikings Confraternity and I became friends with a member known as Fabian, who was already into kidnapping activities by a gang known as Abiye. I also joined the Abiye gang and my first operation with them was the kidnap of a 15-year-old boy that fetched us N2m. I was given N150,000 out of it.

“Later, I followed the gang to rob a First Bank branch and I got N2m from that. I used part of my share of that money to pay my rent. The next operation we did at another First Bank branch in Enugu, one of our members, Kio, was shot dead by one of the policemen. We decided to go back to Owerri to rob another bank, while Promise was our informant.

“Promise told us to look out for the manager of the bank who usually held the key to the bank. But when we got there, we did not see the manager and we entered using a sledge hammer. What our gang got was not up to N10m but I was given N800,000.

“We later kidnapped a woman, and her husband paid N12m as ransom. I got N3m as my share from there. We also kidnapped another woman who was carrying huge money. She paid N2m before we released her. In one of our operations, we got information that money was being moved from a bank at Alakaya, off Trans-Amandi to the Port Harcourt International Airport.

“We once intercepted the bullion van on Airport Road, Port Harcourt. I tried shooting but my rifle jammed. A colleague, Chike, was shot and he fell, then Boma and White Witch rained bullets on the vehicle. Some of the foreign currency in the vehicle was destroyed but I got N4.5m from the money we stole during the operation. I bought a Lexus SUV for N2m, and gave N100,000 to an orphanage home. I also contributed N150,000 towards the roofing of my church. Each time I go for a successful operation, I normally buy bags of rice, noodles, diapers, and donate money to orphanages.

“I also bought two job slots for myself and my elder brother. I later sold my job slots to someone else who gave me N70,000 monthly. I also gave little money to my mum and sister.”

Ume said in another operation months later, he and his gang members attacked a Diamond Bank branch at Trans-Amandi, Port Harcourt.

According to him, they made away with N75m out of which he got N15m as his share. But that was the point he decided to call it quit.

He said, “I told other members to go and look for what to do with their lives with the money they had got because I was no longer interested since God had given me all I was looking for.

“After giving aids to children at the orphanage, I used part of the money to rent an apartment in Lagos and I paid for two years and half at Ajao Estate. I also bought furniture and other properties I needed. I then bought two plots of land in Bayelsa, I invested the rest into oil bunkering.”

“But after the money finished, a month before the election in Rivers State, we trailed a bullion van into the UST campus in Port Harcourt and robbed it of N39m. I got N10m as my share.”

The police have said they are on the tail of other members of the gang as investigation continues.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nollywood Actor, Yemi Solade Compares Cynthia Morgan to a Cow

Yoruba Actor,  Yemi Solade  yesterday took to his instagram shade to throw a heavy subtle shade at Dancehall artiste –  Cynthia Morgan . He posted a side by side picture of Cynthia Morgan with a Cow and captioned it  “COWsquare” . He was referring to the fact that Cynthia’s had a nose ring on in the picture…same as the cow. His reasons and intentions for pulling this is unknown, but Yemi claims he never knew Cynthia Morgan was an Entertainer. He has since deleted the post from instagram and has refused to apologize…instead he is battling a blog on instagram who first reported the story. Fans are saying he should just apologize and move on.

Spiritual Uses Of Garlic That Will Leave You Totally Shocked!

7 Facts About Garlic That Will Shock You! Surely, the saying which says “Let food be thy medicine”, knew beforehand the unknown great benefits of garlic, a specie in the onion genus, Allium. Aside being a taste enhancer for recipes, garlic, which has been around for quite a while is of unbelievable benefits. While some countries believe garlic can be used to ward off vampires and evil spirits, it has been classified among the world healthiest food. With a history of human use of over 7,000 years, garlic is native to central Asia, and has long been a staple in the Mediterranean region, as well as a frequent seasoning in Asia, Africa, and Europe. It was known to Ancient Egyptians, and has been used for both culinary and medicinal purposes. In fact this wonder food has more uses than you can think of, and some really interesting ones. 1 . Garlic has been used over the years to make evil spirits and vampires run away. It is said to be the flag-

Hahaha! Read Hilarious Open Letter To Coca-Cola By An Angry Consumer

Hahaha, Mehn! Some people dey para oh!!! The ongoing Coca-Cola “Share A Coke” campaign has really gotten loads of consumers worked up as they are yet to find their names on a Coca-Cola bottle. Consumers including @dj_staffy who wrote an open letter to them on their Instagram page. It’s hilarious! The dude is really pained. LOL Read below: AN OPEN LETTER TO COCA COLA ! The MD/CEO Coca Cola Nigeria and Worldwide Sir/Madam Let me start by saying a ‘Big kudos’ to your company for a fantastic idea, “Share A Coke”. It’s indeed an awesome innovation! But then let me quickly bring to your notice that following the wonderful strategy of share a coke, collect a coke or buy a coke, whatever name you call it. Where someone’s name is written on the (plastic) Coke bottle or Can. I have noticed with total dismay that ‘Nobody Has Shared or Bought any form or shape of Coke for me’! And this is because, according to my little research, your company hasn’t deemed it fit to include my name, Avalon,