Skip to main content

I Stole The Kid To Cover Up My Lies - Kidnapper Caught On CCTV Reveals



The suspect, Zainab Salisu, who allegedly disguised as a customer to abduct a one-year-old girl, Fehintola Lawal, in the Abule Egba area of Lagos State says she named the girl, Taiwo, and another abducted boy, Kehinde (twins).

Salisu, 42, who hails from Daura, Katsina State, said on Thursday that she lied to her husband, who she had earlier informed that she was travelling abroad in 2015, that she got pregnant and gave birth to the twins.


GISTMANIA had reported that the suspect, who disguised as a customer, met the victim’s mother, Damilola Lawal, at a shop in the Abule Egba area and requested some items which were not available.

Two days later, Salisu, who was accompanied by the victim’s mother to get the items in the Agege area. She was said to have escaped on a motorcycle with Fehintola strapped to her back.

Punch correspondent reported on Thursday that Salisu was arrested by policemen attached to the Anti-Human trafficking Section of the State Department of Criminal Investigation, Yaba, on Wednesday in the Idimu area of the state.

Fehintola and another one-year-old boy were rescued from Salisu’s house on Koleade Street, Council bus stop, Idimu.

Speaking with our correspondent at the Lagos State Police Command Headquarters, Ikeja, Salisu said her plan was to adopt the abducted kids to cover up the lie she told her husband that she was pregnant with twins.

She said, “I am from Katsina State, but I have been staying in the South West since I finished my secondary school education in Kano State. I got married in 1992, but I lost my husband in 1993. I met my new husband last year.

“I stay in the Ifo area of Ogun State. My new husband lives in the Matogun area. When I met Fehintola’s parents on that Saturday, I intended to take her away and nurture her as my child. When we went to the supermarket, I did not observe any camera, but I knew there would be cameras there.

“When I fled, I took the girl to my place in Ifo. I lied to my husband in August 2015 that I was pregnant. I told him I was travelling abroad when I realised that he would notice that I was lying. He was the one who drove me to the airport.

“But I did not travel abroad. So when I stole Fehintola in May, I went to him and told him I was back. I took the girl and another boy to him as my twins.”

Salisu, who finished from a polytechnic in Ogun State, however, denied abducting the boy, saying he was her cousin.

She said, “I told my husband that I had a set of twins. I said they were a boy and a girl. He did not suspect anything until yesterday when the police came to arrest us. I call the toddlers Taiwo and Kehinde. The other boy is related to me. He is my cousin. The mother is dead, but the father lives in Sagamu. I took good care of both children.”

Salisu’s husband, Saheed Akinwale, said he was not aware of his wife’s schemes.

“When she came back in May 2016, I did not ask her any question. She had called me in August 2015 that she was pregnant and was delivered of twins. I did not doubt her. When she came back last month, she brought the children. It was when I saw policemen on Wednesday that I knew she had been lying to me,” he said.

Speaking with our correspondent, Fehintola’s mother, Damilola, said, “I am grateful to God for rescuing my baby. I am also grateful to the police and the media. Fehintola is my only child. She celebrated her one-year birthday on May 5. This abduction happened on May 16.”

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Dolapo Badmos, said, “We have not reunited the boy with his parents because we have not seen them. We appeal to members of the public to help us locate them. The suspect is a serial child kidnapper and she will soon be charged to court.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Toyin Aimakhu Shed Crocodile Tears For Suicidal Instagram Comedian, Ereme Abraham ?

Nigerian Instagram comedian, Ereme, this afternoon, revealed that he's facing a hard time and he is considering suicide. Apparently he'd spoken to actress Toyin Aimakhu about this before. She shared two videos on her Instagram wall, tearfully making a passionate plea for him not to commit suicide. Quote "If you can see this..please I beg you..I spoke to you few days ago..don't do this. I know its not easy. A lot of people don't even know what we go through to make them happy but please Ereme you are so talented...please don't do this"she said The comedian is thankfully OK now, he didnt commit suicide (Nigerians dont!), his friend went to his house to rescue him -see his update below:

Woman Commits Suicide For Not Finding A Husband While All her Friends Are Getting Married

A bridesmaid struggling to get over a break-up while all her best friends were getting married died when a 'cry for help' attempt to take her own life accidentally succeeded, a coroner ruled. Business development manager Danielle Saul, 31, was found hanged in her Manchester apartment following a night out with friends in June last year. Friends and family knew at the time that she was desperate to follow all those closest to her by settling down to marry. However, she was single and said to have been finding it difficult to move on from a previous relationship that ended five years earlier. After meeting her ex on the night in question, she invited him and his friends back to her flat in Fallowfield to continue drinking. But when they failed to reconcile and he left the following morning, Ms Saul took her own life. Her body was found hanged in the flat three days later by a friend who had become concerned after not hearing from her. An inquest, however, concluded that ...

Majid Michel Denies Sleeping With Any Actress

Ghanaian actor,  Majid Michel , has always been associated as the ladies man because of the roles he plays in most movies, but the actor who is happily married for the past 11 years to his wife, Virna, is not the bad type of husband. The actor, whom in some quarters has been perceived to be a womanizer, has denied sleeping with any actress in movies or ever engaged in extra marital affairs. Majid, who has accrued lots of respect for himself stressed that he doesn’t engage himself in those stuffs because he respects the vow he made to his wife. “Ladies don’t admire me, they admire the characters I play. If you think it’s you they want, then you are making a mistake.”  He continued: “No producer calls me for movie role because of Majid, they call me because of my gift as an actor, so it’s not really your personality they like, and until you understand this, you will be fooled, and then get trapped,” he disclosed