Skip to main content

‘I Was Dating Emma Nyra, I Spent N3.5m on Each of Her Videos’ – Ubi Franklin Opens Up

Former Made Men Music Group (MMMG) artiste Emma Nyra denied dating her former boss Ubi Franklin in an interview with Golden Icons.

The singer swore she never dated Ubi but doesn’t mind dating Iyanya, Lynxxx or Reminisce.

Probably feeling disrespected, Ubi Franklin who normally keeps his relationships under wraps, has decided to let the cat out of the bag.

The newly engaged label executive revealed he was sleeping with Emma Nyra and managing her brand at the same time.

Speaking with TheCable in a tell-it-all interview, Ubi disclosed he and the US returnee were actually an item as most fans and industry pundits suspected.

In his own words, “I was dating Emma Nyra and the relationship didn’t go as I thought it should have gone. When you’re dating somebody and you are the boss, there are things you can’t tell your wife or your girlfriend. But if you say it to an employee you are dating, they tend to misbehave. Like, if you tell the others to do something, they will obey without thinking about it. It’s not only me but it has happened to a lot of people, but that is the business lesson I’ve learnt in my life.”

Ubi who managed to keep the relationship under wraps futher stated the relationship affected his life adversely.

According to him, “That relationship made me cut off a lot of people and it also made me feel like everybody wanted the same ‘cake’ I was having. I spent a lot of time trying to beef people when I am not supposed to. It really dealt me a big blow. I decided in the end that it doesn’t make any sense and we both understood that and moved on.”

Ubi further admitted he made terrible business decisions by investing so much money on his former girlfriend.

Claiming he spent close to N30 million on Emma Nyra, Ubi said, “I don’t think that I have spent as much money on Iyanya as I’ve spent on Emma Nyra. Emma has like nine videos at about N3.5m.”

Ubi however seems to have moved on as he recently proposed to Nollywood actress Lilian Esoro and they are both planning to tie the knot later this year.

He met his wife-to-be at a friend’s party and promptly told her he was interested in marriage and soon enough they maintained a low-key relationship until they both made their relationship public.

Ubi who is obviously love-struck praised his new girlfriend describing her as someone he has always wanted. He quipped, “She’s everything I can ever ask God for. She’s very brilliant, she can cook. She’s usually quiet and more reserved. She’s not one of those actresses who are just out there and all over the place. She’s very subtle with everything she does.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did Toyin Aimakhu Shed Crocodile Tears For Suicidal Instagram Comedian, Ereme Abraham ?

Nigerian Instagram comedian, Ereme, this afternoon, revealed that he's facing a hard time and he is considering suicide. Apparently he'd spoken to actress Toyin Aimakhu about this before. She shared two videos on her Instagram wall, tearfully making a passionate plea for him not to commit suicide. Quote "If you can see this..please I beg you..I spoke to you few days ago..don't do this. I know its not easy. A lot of people don't even know what we go through to make them happy but please Ereme you are so talented...please don't do this"she said The comedian is thankfully OK now, he didnt commit suicide (Nigerians dont!), his friend went to his house to rescue him -see his update below:

Woman Commits Suicide For Not Finding A Husband While All her Friends Are Getting Married

A bridesmaid struggling to get over a break-up while all her best friends were getting married died when a 'cry for help' attempt to take her own life accidentally succeeded, a coroner ruled. Business development manager Danielle Saul, 31, was found hanged in her Manchester apartment following a night out with friends in June last year. Friends and family knew at the time that she was desperate to follow all those closest to her by settling down to marry. However, she was single and said to have been finding it difficult to move on from a previous relationship that ended five years earlier. After meeting her ex on the night in question, she invited him and his friends back to her flat in Fallowfield to continue drinking. But when they failed to reconcile and he left the following morning, Ms Saul took her own life. Her body was found hanged in the flat three days later by a friend who had become concerned after not hearing from her. An inquest, however, concluded that ...

Majid Michel Denies Sleeping With Any Actress

Ghanaian actor,  Majid Michel , has always been associated as the ladies man because of the roles he plays in most movies, but the actor who is happily married for the past 11 years to his wife, Virna, is not the bad type of husband. The actor, whom in some quarters has been perceived to be a womanizer, has denied sleeping with any actress in movies or ever engaged in extra marital affairs. Majid, who has accrued lots of respect for himself stressed that he doesn’t engage himself in those stuffs because he respects the vow he made to his wife. “Ladies don’t admire me, they admire the characters I play. If you think it’s you they want, then you are making a mistake.”  He continued: “No producer calls me for movie role because of Majid, they call me because of my gift as an actor, so it’s not really your personality they like, and until you understand this, you will be fooled, and then get trapped,” he disclosed